Having clothes to wear that make you look and feel great is important; when you know you look great, you feel more confident and are willing and able to accomplish things that may otherwise feel too difficult.
When there is an important event in your life, just like an actor, using clothes to get into character will help you feel and act the part you are required to play. But that does not mean you need to spend a fortune; today there are thousands of stores in every city at every price point, it’s just a matter of knowing where to look – that’s where your image consultant has the advantage.
Pain or Pleasure?
Not every woman loves to shop; some find it a discouraging exercise, others a complete pain and a few consider it a total waste of their time. In every situation a personal shopper can be of assistance.
For the discouraged, being taken shopping after a style and color consultation can be an exciting and liberating experience as the consultant guides you through stores, aisles and fitting rooms bringing your style program to life and helping you discovering that when you know what you are looking for, and have a little fitting knowledge, shopping is a lot easier.
For those that see shopping as a pain it may be the result of a long string of shopping failures, having to take children, husbands or others along who either want to be somewhere else or who force their personal style onto you. Your personal shopper will love being out with you in her favourite world, you’ll be her sole focus of attention and they will know your personal style and work with you to find the perfect outfits.
If you are someone who finds shopping a waste of your time due to a busy career, your image consultant will be able to shop for you and bring the garments to you. This is a high end service and requires a pre-established budget, higher fees and cash to use for the purchases.
From Style, Color and Wardrobe to the Stores
After discovering which styles and colors work best for you and what you need to fill the gaps in your wardrobe, it’s time to hit the stores!
Before your shopping expedition day your consultant will establish with you what items you want to purchase, your available budget, brand and style preferences. Based on these your consultant will select the most suitable shopping locations.
Shopping expeditions are usually scheduled for the morning when everyone is fresh and full of energy and the stores are not too busy. This is not a day to wear uncomfortable shoes or hard to get in-and-out-of clothes; separates will allow for ease and comfort.
You will be required to try on garments during the session so your consultant can check the fit and appropriateness of the item. To help this process we ask that you wear good fitting lingerie, have your hair done wear make-up.
Personal Shopping Outline:
During your shopping expedition you can expect:
- to be met by your consultant at a predetermined place and time
- to have a quick chat to see if any of your needs have changed and to prioritise items on your list
- to be skilfully taken through stores and shown some insider tips about effective shopping
- garments and accessories to be handpicked for you to try on
- any alterations required to a garment will be recommended
- garments and accessories likely to be purchased are placed on hold unless they are absolute winners and need to be acquired to find matching accessories
- the best items to be purchased at the end of the session
Personal Shopping Price: This varies depending upon:
- if you are a client who has had a color and style program with the consultant
- the time required – min 2 hours
- The distance the consultant needs to travel to the shopping centre